It seems as if everyone is doing it these days. Perhaps that’s because a lot of my friends are right around my age and this is the age where we start thinking about things that we’d really like to do before we “kick the bucket.” The following list is a living document. I’m sure as my days go by, I’ll want to add things to this list. Especially if I discover something really random and exciting!
Anyway, without further adieu, here is (the beginning of) my list:
- Spend a week in the Peruvian jungle.
- Go to Ireland for St. Patrick’s Day and do as the Irish do.
- Skydive (cliche, isn’t it?)
- Pet a Bengal Tiger.
- Visit Stonehenge.
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Take an award winning photograph – have it published.
- Go hang gliding.
- Hike the Appalachian Trail.
- Visit most of Europe.
- Run a marathon.
- Wrestle a bear – and live to tell about it!
Change someone’s life.
- Cliff dive in Mexico.
- Visit every Major League baseball stadium.
- See Aurora Borealis – photograph it.
- Go whitewater rafting.
- Hike in the Grand Canyon.
- Road trip across the US – stop at any and all photo ops!
- Run with the Kenyans…in Kenya.
- Visit the pyramids of Egypt.
- Walk the beaches of a Hawaiian island.
- See the Great Barrier Reef – up close and personal.
- Fall in love.
- Fly over the Bermuda Triangle.
Spend an evening lost under the stars.
- Lose $100 in Las Vegas.
- Win that $100 back – then quit.
Save someone’s life.
- Walk on the Great Wall of China.
- Hang out on Bourbon St in New Orleans on Mardi Gras.
- Sleep in a Castle.
- Drive an Indy car.
Inspire someone. Get 100+ “likes” on one of my Facebook posts or pictures.
- Make someone smile every day.
- Drive a Lamborghini.
- Go skinny-dipping in the ocean.
- Start a new picture project – Me With 100 Strangers.
- Drink beer at Oktoberfest.
- Drive on the Autobahns (perhaps in that Lamborghini!)
- Spend New Year’s Eve somewhere other than the US.
- Climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
- Stay in an over water bungalow in Bora Bora.
- Visit Christ the Redeemer.
- Master a rubiks cube!
- Meet Carrie Underwood – have photo taken with her.
- Glue quarters to a street in the crosswalk and photograph people who pick them up.
- Become Batman!
Try Stand Up Paddle boarding (SUPing).
- Buy a reader’s digest from the 30’s and read it.