I’ve seen them before and I’m sure you’ve seen them as well. What I’m talking about is blog awards. I’m very humbled that what started out as an outlet for my thoughts and feelings has turned into something more. It’s turned into other people reading what I’m writing and actually enjoying what they’re reading! There are things that I have gone through or things I am currently going through that people can relate to, and I couldn’t be happier sharing my experiences with everyone!
So, a huge “thank you” goes out to Miss Rachel (don’t call her Rach) over at ‘racheve‘ for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I’ve been following her blog for a little while now and I’m glad she’s allowing us all to join her in her last year of her twenties. Though I certainly hope she doesn’t stop blogging in 10 months! It would be a shame to lose such great posts from her. Like her would’ve been, could’ve been, perhaps should’ve been gentleman caller that Facebook tried setting her up with. That’s not my story to tell though, so you should check it out for yourself: “Excuse me, apparently we know each other…”
Here are the rules for having such an award bestowed upon me:
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Rules 1 and 2 are finished. Here’s rule 3 – seven things about John Shue:
- I have, what some might consider, an unhealthy affinity for the American country music artist, Miss Carrie Underwood. She is incredibly gorgeous and has the voice of an angel. I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t like her come to think of it!
- My love for Oreo cookies is strong. But there is one caveat – they must be of the Double Stuf variety. Anything else just doesn’t have the right cookie to creme filling ratio. That said, I am on an Oreo free campaign this year. It’s mostly to prove a point, but also to help me in my pursuit of good health #OreoFree13
- I’m very involved with obstacle course racing. So much so that I am the webmaster for our team; the Corn Fed Spartans. We travel all over the country doing different obstacle course races.
- I have an undying passion for photography. I have a few ideas for future blog posts about photography and certain photographs I’ve taken. You might want to keep your eyes open for those!
- I once thought I needed to be in a relationship to be happy with myself. I’ve recently discovered that couldn’t be further from the truth. I am completely happy with myself and I am still a bachelor. I’m no psychologist, but I’m certain this will result in a much healthier relationship somewhere down the line.
- I took French classes in high school and I wish I would have paid more attention to the curriculum. I’d love to go to France and be able to speak their language. Perhaps as I am wooing a Parisian woman over a cup of hot cocoa. (I don’t drink coffee.)
- I am a self-proclaimed cinemaphile and I love God. I’ve taken those two things and combined them. How? Easy. I took my love for writing and combined all of those passions and I help a friend of mine with a movie review blog. It is based on the Christian male’s perspective on movies coming out of Hollywood.
For rule 4, here are my seven nominees for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
- Keona Shelley – I’ve known Keona for many years now. Working beside her for the past few years has really allowed me to experience some of what she’s blogging about first hand. She used to keep her blog on another site, but has recently changed over to WordPress. Check out her latest antics with wanting to wrestle a turkey!
- The Liberated Lutheran – This is a blog run by my good friend, Eric. It’s a religious based blog about his thoughts and ideas based on Lutheranism. Eric brings up some good points in his posts and he’s always willing to listen to what others have to say on the topics he discusses. Check out what Eric has to say on baptism in his post, “who is LOST and who is FOUND?“
- Ben’s Bitter Blog – Bitter Ben has a different outlook on things than most. I can’t help but find myself laughing hysterically at his posts though. It makes you think “outside of the box” and wonder to yourself, “Maybe he’s got a point here.” Stop in to see what Bitter Ben’s take is on socks!
- The Life and Times of Lucky Bay – Miss Laura is hilarious. Period. Her style is raw and natural. What she writes is how I envision her thought process to be. She’s currently in a similar boat as I am as far as unemployment goes. So stop by and see if she remembers what day it is today. 🙂
- HarsH ReaLiTy – I’m not sure how the Opinionated Man will feel about being nominated for such a prestigious award, but I’m nominating him anyway. His posts are always insightful even if his goal was originally to offend everyone in the world at least once with his words. I personally find it refreshing that someone is willing to have an opinion and put it out there for public consumption! I must admit, I agree with his post about women being crazy!
- Daily Dose of Scripture – This one was a pretty simple choice for me. I follow her blog to see what she has to say each day. Everyone could use a little scripture in their life. See what she has to say about Matthew 7:1-6 and judging others.
- Muddy Spartan Princess – Miss Kathy Bacon is a teammate of mine; a fellow Corn Fed Spartan. She is constantly pushing herself to be better and overcoming the obstacles life tosses her way. Check out Miss Kathy’s recent success with her new PR!
There they are; my nominees for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Go check them out when you get a chance. There are so many talented writes out there! These are just seven of the ones I read on a daily basis. I can’t wait to see what else they write for us!